Community-Based, Patient-Governed Leadership
Our Board of Trustees is driven by a passion to help people live healthier lives. They volunteer their time and expertise to help ensure healthcare is accessible for everyone, including those who face barriers. They want to push better care forward for all.
We are a community-based, patient-governed Community Health Center. Fifty-one percent of our board members are patients. Our patients have a voice, and they help guide us toward where we are needed most in the community.
We are now recruiting Advance Community Health patients for our Board of Trustees. Our patients have a voice on the Board of Trustees that guide us toward where we are needed in the community and help people live healthier lives. If you are a patient at any of our locations please consider joining our board and letting your voice be heard.
- Laura Emerson Edwards, RN, MPA, Patient, Southeast Raleigh Dental
- Tara Minter, Community Member
- David L. Bell, Patient, Southeast Raleigh & Horizon Healthcare for the Homeless Representative
- Alecia Taylor, Community Member
- Marti Wolf, RN, Community Member
- Desiree Peterson, Patient, Southeast Raleigh
- Carla A. Mena, Community Member
- Mazie Lewis, Patient, Southeast Raleigh
- Parris Solomon, Patient, Apex and Southeast Raleigh Dental
- James W. Teagle, III, MBA, Community Member
- Acie L. Ward, JD, Patient, Southeast Raleigh
Interested in getting involved?
If you would like more information about opportunities for becoming part of our Board of Trustees or one of our Advisory Committees, we would love to hear from you! Please contact Annie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (919) 250-2923.