Bi-lingual Patient Relations Representative
Advance Community Health has an exciting new opportunity for the right person!! We are seeking a Full-Time Bi-lingual Patient Relations Representative for our Southeast Raleigh North Carolina office.
Advance Community Health is a private, not-for-profit, comprehensive community health center serving Wake County, North Carolina, and surrounding communities. Advance is dedicated to providing all residents with quality medical and dental care.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide quality customer service to all patients and coworkers while accurately organizing, processing, and completing all front office and patient registration, medical records, and referrals duties. This position is will serve on teams to provide quality and patient-focused healthcare.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Greet and check-in patients promptly, efficiently and in a professional and timely manner, while practicing patient confidentiality.
• Register each patient by obtaining, verifying and inputting all information accurately into the Electronic Health Record
• Collect and post payments in accordance with ACH Cash Management protocols.
• Balance and close out cash drawer daily; make deposits as needed
• Schedule and reschedule patient appointments when necessary
• Sort and distribute mail to the appropriate individuals on a daily basis
• Obtain request from doctor, research patient’s managed care organization for proper providers and educate patient about referral guidelines or policies
• Obtain current identification for managed care, prepare certification as required and prepare authorization with patient diagnosis and request from primary care physician
• Make appointments and request follow-up information
• Review and explain process for referral to patient, including but not limited to what is involved, who providers are and how to get to hospital or referral specialist’s office
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of referral guidelines, active providers, necessary coverage information, insurance requirements necessary for pre-certification
• Maintain adequate records for risk management on referrals to completion of patients needing to be seen outside of ACH
• Mail, fax or communicate appropriate records, certificates and authorizations to appropriate persons for the completion of the referral process
• Maintains patient charts by accurately scanning documents and indexing into the Electronic Health Record
• Process and Disseminate incoming correspondences/faxes/requests to appropriate destination within the electronic health/dental record environment.
• Process and/or assist in the processing of Release of Information/Records requests onsite and offsite consistent with organizational policy/protocol.
• Possess and demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of organizational policies and procedures relative to the position and job functions.
• Possess and demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of web sites, portals and Health Information Exchanges (HIE) relevant to position and functions.
• Participate in organizational performance improvement programs/activities related to position and functions.
• Participates in all safety programs which may include assignment to an emergency response team
Perform other duties as assigned or become necessary by supervisor.
• Attention to Detail
• Problem Solving
• Effective Communication
• Team Oriented
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of 1-2 years related experience as a receptionist. Health care experience preferred.
- MUST BE BI-LINGUAL ASSESSMENT WILL BE GIVEN.
• Ability to read and comprehend general instructions, correspondence and policies
• Ability to read and interpret business policies.
• Ability to effectively communicate with employees, patients, vendors, consultants, and auditors in a professional manner
OTHER NECESSARY SKILLS
• Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Performance Management Systems.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities, including planning and organizing workload
• Ability to handle very detailed information
• Ability to meet work processes deadlines
• Ability and flexibility to travel and work at other ACH sites as needed
• Ability to work outside of normal hours as needed
• Ability to demonstrate effective and efficient problem-solving methods
• Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter.
• Ability to function as a team player.
• Willing to learn and accept responsibility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally roll or move up to 50 pounds. The employee will work on a computer and simultaneously use the telephone and must have good hand/finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is normal.
Advance Community Health participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please note that we do not use this information to pre-screen job applicants.